August 14, 2011

Chocolate cookies

Those who know me, know how much I loooove everything chocolate!
A new discovery at one of the nearby supermarkets ended up in making chocolate cookies.


This is what I discovered and had to buy, and try. I'm not sure what they are called in English, but it is small pieces of chocolate.


There's a cookie recipe at the back of the sachet, which I just had to try out!
Here's all the ingredients mixed together...


Ready for the oven...


...and never ever forget to lick the spatula! :)


The cookies turned out heavenly!

Here's the recipe - makes 20 cookies (from www.Vahine.fr).

- 75 grams butter (soft)
- 100 grams brown sugar
- 2 sachets vanilla sugar
- 1 egg
- 150 grams flour
- 1/2 sachet levure chimique Vahine (baking powder)

Mix together butter, sugar and vanilla sugar.
Add the egg and mix.
Add flour and baking powder and the pieces of chocolate. Don't mix too much after all is added.
Grease a pan and make 20 balls with a spoon and press them to approx 1cm thick.

In the oven: 180C / 12 minutes.

Enjoy!





2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks very much like we have for "Chocolate Chip Coookies" they look wonderful - now I want some too but I do not have any chocolate chips in the house!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Elzaan said...

That looks yummy! Thanks for the recipe