March 29, 2012

zucchini soup with salmon

It has been a long time since I tried out a new recipe. I don't know why zucchini came to my mind yesterday... I have a small book about zucchini, asparagus and avocado. Pulled it out from the bookshelf and chose a recipe with fish; Zucchini soup with fish.

Some of the ingredients;
carrot, zucchini, leek, onion

butter, flour (forgot the cream)

the yummy salmon and parsley

Fry vegetables in butter

...add zucchini and simmer.
Yummy colors, isn't it?! :)

Add cream, mix and then add salmon and parsley

The table is set!


The recipe - serves 4.
1 medium size zucchini
1 red onion
4 carrots
100 grams butter
100 grams flour
400 grams fish fillet (I used salmon)
2 litres fish stock
or 2 litres water + 4 cubes fish bouillon
3 dl cream
1 bunch parsley or chives
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Cut vegetables in slices, fry in butter. Use a casserole.
Add water (fish bouillon) and flour, mix until it gets a creamy consistence.
Let simmer for 10 min
Add cream
Add salmon fillets
Let the soup simmer for about 8-10 min
Add chopped parsley or chives

In addition to the recipe, I added the following:
1 medium size leek
10-12 curry leaves
cayenne pepper to taste
I didn't have fish stock (cubes), so I used green pepper cubes (works well too).
2dl of the water can be substituted by dry white wine.  

I've never been a big fan of soups, so when I make soups, I always reduce the amount to liquid to approx half, depending on the soup. In this recipe I added 1 litre of water only. I love the creamy consistence! :)

Original recipe from 'Lær mer om Asparges, Squash og Avocado' - TorgFrisk -  BAMA group - Norway.

4 comments:

Elzaan said...

This looks delicious! Will give it a try and let you know!

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a nice soup, can you explain what the quantity dl is please.

Lynda.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that looks like something I would eat! lovely
Karen

Astrid said...

Lynda, thanks for your nice comment! I'm sorry, I should have written it in full... DL is decilitre. 3 dl cream is 0.3 litre. Hope I have explained it well?