August 20, 2012

Cold and gray....


... it was this morning.
I'm out of bed early, most of the days long before sunrise. Sunrise today was at 06:26. I heard the mosque called for prayer one hour before sunrise. Shortly after the birds begin to wake up. It's a public holiday here today; the Muslims are celebrating EID al-Fitr. I can hear the difference from a business day and public holiday / weekend - less traffic on the road, people who rush to work, or those who rush to the bakery buying bread before their kids have to go to school etc - they don't have to rush today...  
Pristine quietness.


Half an hour after sunrise I went on the porch to take these photos...
Gray... rain in the air....
The birds coming to our trees for their breakfast...
How talkative they are! :)


The palm leaves are shiny wet...


... and while I was admiring the beauty of the palm leaves, I discovered our avocado tree is in full bloom! As I can recall, it had a few flowers last season too, but nothing came out of it... I LOOOVE avocados and hope there will be some this season - at the beginning of next year...
(click on the photo for better view). 


The bottle brush trees are in bloom too...


It was a cold and gray morning...
The fog, rain, birds...
made my day!
Happiness! 

Pristine day...
Solitude.




No comments: